Saturday 22 September 2012

Goodbye Summer



As it's the first official day of Autumn today I thought I would upload one last summer holiday food picture.

This salad was based on my favourite salad recipe which I cut out of Cosmo of all places, years ago.

All you need is

  • A bag of fresh baby spinach.
  • Half a large or one small red onion, chopped.
  •  A small punnet of rasperries.
  • A cup of cooked brown lentils or a can drained and washed.
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
Simply toss the ingredients together in a bowl and drizzle on oil and vinegar. Trust me, raspberries in balsamic are lush!

I had some toast and Granovita Shitake Mushroom Pate on the side of mine. I had been given a tin of it in the vegan food swap. I find the pate tubes and tins are perfect for travelling because they are so tasty on bread, toast and crackers, they travel well out of the fridge and they keep for ages! I've taken them camping, on hikes, cycle tours and now to Spain.








No comments:

Post a Comment